RETAIL LINK® 2:
DECISION SUPPORT (DSS)
Learn how to create/run/retrieve 12 valuable Retail Link® reports. You’ll be instructed by an expert in DSS, assuring that you will master it. Then you’ll prepare reports under the guidance of that expert, preparing you fully for this work — even if DSS is new terrain for you.
You’ll learn how to build queries from start to finish and practice with a Retail Link® expert very experienced in building reports. Then you’ll explore different versions of the same data to give you a fuller, richer understanding of your product’s performance in Walmart. This knowledge provides a solid base on which to grow your product sales.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants per instructor.
You Will Learn
- How to use Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- Homepage review
- When to use Store Detail
- How to select the data that will be shown in a report
- Why the order of column selection is important
- DSS shortcut to math calculations
- How to make a report specific to your needs
- How to develop a report specific to a store, warehouse or trait
- How to work with time frames on queries
- Sales by Item
- PO Tracking
- Current Instock and Pipeline
- Stores Out and Nothing in Pipeline
- Returns to Sales Comparison
- Item 52 Week Forecast
- Supply Plan by Order Date
- Supply Plan by Receive Date
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- What Sells With My Item
- How to create and retrieve 12 valuable reports:
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores, and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Lori was very knowledgeable and willing to help and explain.
Jacob- Replenishment and Supply Chain Analyst- 5.5.21
Lori was very nice and informative. She kept the class interesting.
Crystal – 3.10.21
Very informative! I learned a lot and now I know several reports that I can run weekly.
Deborah- Accounting – 3.10.21