RETAIL LINK® REPORTING SUITE
In just 3 days, you’ll be up and running and will avoid expensive (and embarrassing) errors Retail Link® beginners often make.
Save $195 when you purchase the suite instead of individual classes.
TOP PICK BY WALMART SUPPLIERS
Immerse yourself in Retail Link®. It is Walmart’s online hub of data, documentation, reports and special applications. A teacher with decades of experience with Walmart will guide you through navigating Retail Link®, lead you through building and analyzing DSS reports and provide guidance about managing your work load.
Who should take this Retail Link® training:
If you’re new to Walmart or new to a position in which you manage product sales, these three days of training get you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
All Retail Link® class content was revised May 2022.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
If you are a broker interested in our Retail Link® classes, email [email protected].
All reports in Retail Link® 2 and 3 are for brick-and-mortar not dotcom. For dotcom instruction, register for the Retail Link® – Omnichannel Training Suite or Walmart.com Reports.
You Will Learn
Retail Link® Basics
- Settings for Excel
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- How to maximize the Walmart homepage
- Decision Support
- Step-by-step to creating and retrieving a query
- The Supplier Performance Scorecard
- The Quick Item Information Report
- The Company Summary Report
- The Store Detail Report
- Where dotcom reports are located
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use its important apps and docs
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- SQEP, FIXit, and Transportation Supply Chain Portal
- The Accounting Scorecard, APIS, APDP
- How to create a dispute
How to make your way around Retail Link®
- How to use its most important scorecards and reports
- How to get more out of Retail Link® immediately
- Help with accounting
Retail Link® Intermediate Decision Support (DSS)
Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- Homepage review
- When to use Store Detail
- How to select the data that will be shown in a report
- Why the order of column selection is important
- DSS shortcut to math calculations
- How to make a report specific to your needs
- How to develop a report specific to a store, warehouse or trait
- How to work with time frames on queries
How to create and retrieve 11 valuable reports:
- Sales by Item
- Current Instock and Pipeline
- Stores Out and Nothing in Pipeline
- Returns to Sales Comparison
- Item 52 Week Forecast
- Supply Plan by Order Date
- Supply Plan by Receive Date
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- What Sells With My Item
Retail Link® Advanced Decision Support (DSS)
Top/Bottom Store Ranking; the 80/20 rule
How to run a sell-thru on your promo items
3 reports to help pinpoint your outs:
- POS Qty by Day
- Days Out Last Week
- POS Qty by Day by Store
How to see inventory in the warehouse
How to compare your forecast to your sales
Which stores will be on a new modular?
How to look at forecast for an item by store
How to identify most out of stock issues
3 Market Basket reports:
- What Sells With My Item
- Purchase Quantity
- Purchase Frequency
Organizing reports and developing a plan
Communicating with Walmart
THIS SUITE IS 3 CLASSES. EACH RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
EACH CLASS IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
YOU WILL SAVE $195 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
Registration closes at 3 P.M. Central Time on the last business day prior to the first class in the suite.
- Each student must register; one participant per registration.
NOTE FOR NEW WALMART SUPPLIERS: In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
Meet Your Teachers
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation
"Lori was wonderful, and I found the class to be very helpful. I am going to register for more classes actually. "
- Jessica - 5.9.23 Account Manager
Lori was very helpful and informative; she is a great teacher! I definitely came out of the class with a much better understanding of how reports are run in Retail Link.
- Ryan - 5/9/23 Retail Sales Coordinator
They were fantastic. I learned a lot! They were very knowledgeable.
- Wyatt - 9/12/22 Account Manager
The training was great. I learned a lot from Lori & Heather. They were so much fun to work with, very knowledgeable, and patient with all our questions. They made the training fun and engaging. I truly enjoyed it.
- Summer - 8/4/22 Key Account Manager
Great experience with knowledgeable instructors. I look forward to putting what I learned into practice.
- Hillary - 8/4/22 Customer Success Analyst
Lori is phenomenal. She's a wealth of information and I couldn’t be more satisfied with her as well as with the content covered during training. I look forward to taking more classes at 8th & Walton, specially with Lori!
- Maria - 7/12/22 Director of Sales, Private Label
Thank you for the informative Retail Link classes. The 3 day course was great to cover the items I needed to learn and go in depth into Retail Link. Lori and Heather kept the context engaging and interactive.
- Renata - 6/7/22 Customer Development Analyst
The classes were terrific. I do not know how any new vendor could succeed at Walmart without them.
- Janice - 6/7/22 Sales Executive