RETAIL LINK® TRAINING SUITE
In just 3 days, you’ll be up and running and will avoid expensive (and embarrassing) errors Retail Link® beginners often make.
Save $195 when you purchase the suite instead of individual classes.
TOP PICK BY WALMART SUPPLIERS
Immerse yourself in Retail Link®. It is Walmart’s online hub of data, documentation, reports and special applications. A teacher with decades of experience with Walmart will guide you through navigating Retail Link®, lead you through building and analyzing DSS reports and provide guidance about managing your work load.
Who should take this Retail Link® training:
If you’re new to Walmart or new to a position in which you manage product sales, these three days of training get you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
All Retail Link® class content was revised May 2022.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
If you are a broker interested in our Retail Link® classes, email [email protected]
All reports in Retail Link® 2 and 3 are for brick-and-mortar not dotcom. For dotcom instruction, register for the Retail Link® – Omnichannel Training Suite or Walmart.com Reports.
You Will Learn
Retail Link® Basics
How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
- How to maximize the Walmart homepage
How to use its most important scorecards and reports
- The Supplier Performance Scorecard
- The Quick Item Information Report
- The Company Summary Report
- The Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- Where dotcom reports are located
How to get more out of Retail Link® immediately
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use its important apps and docs
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- Where to find definitions quickly
How to create and successfully retrieve a query
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
Retail Link® Intermediate Decision Support (DSS)
How to use Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- Homepage review
- When to use Store Detail
- How to select the data that will be shown in a report
- Why the order of column selection is important
- DSS shortcut to math calculations
- How to make a report specific to your needs
- How to develop a report specific to a store, warehouse or trait
- How to work with time frames on queries
How to create and retrieve 12 valuable reports:
- Sales by Item
- PO Tracking
- Current Instock and Pipeline
- Stores Out and Nothing in Pipeline
- Returns to Sales Comparison
- Item 52 Week Forecast
- Supply Plan by Order Date
- Supply Plan by Receive Date
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- What Sells With My Item
Retail Link® Advanced Decision Support (DSS)
Top and Bottom Store Ranking and the 80/20 rule How to run a sell-thru on your promo items 3 reports to help pinpoint your outs
- POS Qty by Day
- Days Out Last Week
- POS Qty by Day by Store
How to see your inventory in the Walmart warehouse How to compare your forecast to your sales How to find out which/how many stores will be on a new modular How to look at forecast for an item by store How to identify most out of stock issues 3 Market Basket reports
- What Sells With My Item
- Purchase Quantity
- Purchase Frequency
Organizing reports and developing a plan Communicating with Walmart
THIS SUITE IS 3 CLASSES. EACH RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
EACH CLASS IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
YOU WILL SAVE $195 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
- Each student must register; one participant per registration.
NOTE FOR NEW WALMART SUPPLIERS: In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
Meet Your Teachers
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation
They were fantastic. I learned a lot! They were very knowledgeable.
- Wyatt - 9/12/22 Account Manager
The training was great. I learned a lot from Lori & Heather. They were so much fun to work with, very knowledgeable, and patient with all our questions. They made the training fun and engaging. I truly enjoyed it.
- Summer - 8/4/22 Key Account Manager
Great experience with knowledgeable instructors. I look forward to putting what I learned into practice.
- Hillary - 8/4/22 Customer Success Analyst
Lori is phenomenal. She's a wealth of information and I couldn’t be more satisfied with her as well as with the content covered during training. I look forward to taking more classes at 8th & Walton, specially with Lori!
- Maria - 7/12/22 Director of Sales, Private Label
Thank you for the informative Retail Link classes. The 3 day course was great to cover the items I needed to learn and go in depth into Retail Link. Lori and Heather kept the context engaging and interactive.
- Renata - 6/7/22 Customer Development Analyst
The classes were terrific. I do not know how any new vendor could succeed at Walmart without them.
- Janice - 6/7/22 Sales Executive