RETAIL LINK® TRAINING SUITE
In just 3 days, you’ll be up and running and will avoid expensive (and embarrassing) errors Retail Link® beginners often make.
Save $195 when you purchase the suite instead of individual classes.
Immerse yourself in Retail Link®, Walmart’s online hub of data, documentation, reports, and special applications. If you’re new to Walmart or new to a position requiring you to manage product sales, this training gets you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
This suite is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants per instructor.
You Will Learn
Retail Link® Basics
- How to navigate the Retail Link® home page
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The Supplier Performance Scorecard
- The Quick Item Information Report
- The Company Summary Report
- The Store Detail Report
- Dotcom Report tips
- How to maximize the value of the Walmart home page
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use important docs in Retail Link®
- The most valuable apps in Retail Link® and how to make the most of each
Retail Link® Decision Support (DSS)
- Tips for using Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- How to work with time frames on queries
- How to create and retrieve 12 valuable reports:
- Sales by Item
- PO Tracking
- Current Instock and Pipeline
- Stores Out and Nothing in Pipeline
- Returns to Sales Comparison
- Item 52 Week Forecast
- Supply Plan by Order Date
- Supply Plan by Receive Date
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- What Sells With My Item
Retail Link® Advanced Decision Support (DSS)
- Different ways to view your data to produce expanded insights
- How to compare forecasts and POS side-by-side
- Seasonal Profile calculation
- How a trend presents an opportunity
- How to get more from the Store of the Community app
- How to organize your day and week
- Best practices and tips for communicating with Walmart
- The most important reports to maintain
- Best practices of other successful suppliers
- Five steps to keep you on top of your business
- 10+ reports:
- POS Quantity and Inventory by Day
- POS Quantity and Inventory by Day by Store
- Inventory by Warehouse
- PO Tracking – Expanded
- Supply Plan – By Order Date
- Supply Plan – By ReceiveDate
- Item 104 Week Sales
- Item 52 Week Sales
- Forecast to Sales
- Future Valid Item/Store
Meet Your Teacher
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores, and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
THESE ARE 3 ALL-DAY CLASSES.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
YOU WILL SAVE $195 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
The three Retail Link® classes with Lisa and Lori were excellent. I learned a lot of new reports, as well as things about Walmart in general. I have been with my company and on the Walmart account for about two months now, so I still have a lot to learn about the Walmart processes. These classes helped clarify what buyers find important and ways to stay on top of my Walmart business. I look forward to taking more 8th and Walton classes.
Jackie – Business Analyst – 9.15.20
I took Retail Link® 1,2, and 3 all with Lisa, and it was very helpful. She was patient and very understanding with me and my lack of experience with Retail Link®. I was the youngest one in the group, but she made me feel very included. I learned so much from her and am already able to apply it to my internship every day. Will definitely recommend to people needing help with Retail Link®!
Caroline – Sales Coordinator – 8.4.20
The teachers were very helpful and patient. Best of all, we saved all the reports and can reference them anytime now!! [A colleague] is taking the Item File Setup class, and we also have people doing the three-day Supply Chain course. Looking forward to seeing what they learn!
Brooke – Senior Key Account Manager – 9.15.20
Lisa was a great trainer! She was super accommodating when my power went out during the storm. I look forward to taking more classes with 8th and Walton!
Brittney – Sales Support Team Member – 8.4.20
The Retail Link® classes were so helpful! Lisa and Lori were a perfect tag-team –with Lisa delivering loads of knowledge in an easy-to-understand way and Lori giving a lot of real-life examples to drive home the many uses of Retail Link®. I actually found myself smiling and laughing multiple times throughout the three-day class and came away from it with in-depth knowledge of my business. Furthermore, the insights I gained in how to run queries and analyses for my company will be instrumental in our success. Thank you for putting on such a class! I don’t know where else I could learn so much from actual industry leaders!
Dale – Director of Sales & Marketing – 9.15.20