Understand Walmart’s recent OTIF revisions and its new SQEP (Supplier Quality Excellence Program). Reduce deductions and drive OTIF success for your business using insights from the OTIF scorecard in Retail Link®.
A better Walmart On Time In Full performance improves your product flow to shelves for better consumer availability and greater sales.
Work the OTIF scorecard more advantageously, and harvest more meaningful insights from your Retail Link® data. Learn how to identify recurring exceptions and the resolution options available to prevent those exceptions on future POs.
This class was developed by long-standing experts closely involved in building Walmart’s replenishment and supply chain systems and processes over the last 20 years. Using the OT IF Scorecard, our experts will teach you how to gain insights on true root cause for early, late, and unfilled cases and discuss resolution options to prevent these exceptions on future purchase orders.
PRE-REQUISITES: Knowledge of Retail Link® navigation and ability to create a report. In this class students run DSS reports. If you do not know how to run reports, prior to class please take Retail Link® 1 to learn the basics and Retail Link® 2 to practice making reports.
You also must have some Walmart history (POs and shipping) so that you have data to view and analyze in class.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- NEW: Revised OTIF Requirements
- Walmart’s goals and expectations
- Details of Arrival Compliance
- Differences between system-generated and manual orders
- Penalties and timing of charges
- Roles and responsibilities for Walmart and for its suppliers
- Why teamwork is important
- How to navigate the Performance page
- How to view POs by line
- How to navigate the Charges page
- Causes for charges on FedEx Small Parcels
- How to report a late or missed pick-up
- Gaining access
- Best practices for entering POs
- How to confirm a PO
- How to mass confirm a group of POs
- Item 52 Week Forecast Report
- Supply Plan by Order Date Report
- Supply Plan by Receive Report
- OTIF Checklist
- Flowchart to fix MABD Issues
- Flowchart to fix Fill Rate Issues
- How to develop an OTIF Action Plan
- How to use the DC Appointment Scheduler
- What it is
- Timeline of its four phases
- List of possible defects
- SQEP Performance Summary
- NEW: SQEP (Supplier Quality Excellence Program)
- OTIF Overview
- OTIF Scorecard
- How to schedule a delivery
- E-commerce and OTIF
- Transportation Portal (TSCP)
- How and when to do a Lead Time Audit
- Analyzing your business
- Practical help
- Introduction to SQEP
Custom Training on OTIF is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores, and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
I loved the class. Lori explains and teaches very well.
Melissa- I loved the class, Lori explains and teaches very well. – 3.25.21
Feeling better about getting started this season thanks to all the helpful information I gathered on navigating Retail Link’s OTIF tool.
Shelbey – Director of Sales – 3.25.21
My OTIF class with Lori went well. She provided a lot of helpful information related to OTIF and business. I decided to sign up for the class because my company supported my desire to learn more about OTIF and its relation to deductions. I plan to use my knowledge going forward as I continue to research Walmart deductions.
Kelsey – AR Supervisor – 8.27.20
“I took three classes and found each and every one to be extremely beneficial to our organization’s current and future needs. Lori and Lisa were both absolutely wonderful — very knowledgeable, classes were well paced and informative, and they were a pleasure to learn from.
Summer – Sales Administrator – 9.30.20
Lori was AWESOME! Needless to say training went GREAT! I learned a lot. Being new with (company’s) Customer Service Team, this training is exactly what I needed.
Lisa – Customer Service Representative – 7.23.20