INTRODUCTION TO WALMART’S SYSTEMS
Start off on the right foot with Walmart. Avoid missteps and delays. During two days of instruction, you will learn the basics of Walmart’s data management system (Retail Link®) and how to navigate its supply chain.
Congratulations on becoming a Walmart supplier! There is a lot to learn if you want to be a successful supplier, including how to access the valuable data within Retail Link® and how to get the right inventory to the right place at the right time.
Learn the basics accurately and thoroughly from outstanding teachers who show you the ropes, step-by-step. Our instructors, who have decades of experience with Walmart and have been Walmart suppliers themselves, pride themselves on presenting content that is clear and up-to-the-minute. They also have studied the best methods for teaching adults and are ready to answer your questions as they come up. You will walk out of class ready for business!
Who should take this training:
Someone new to Walmart, new to retail, or expecting to get a YES from Walmart soon; new executives as well as those new to doing hands-on work for Walmart.
Content was updated for Retail Link® 1 on 5/24/22 and for How to Navigate Walmart’s Supply Chain on 5/11/22.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
Retail Link® 1:
- How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
- How to maximize the Walmart homepage
- The Supplier Performance Scorecard
- The Quick Item Information Report
- The Company Summary Report
- The Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- Where dotcom reports are located
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use its important apps and docs
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- Where to find definitions quickly
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
- How to use its most important scorecards and reports
- How to get more out of Retail Link® immediately
- How to create and successfully retrieve a query
How to Navigate Walmart’s Supply Chain
- SQEP (Supplier Quality Excellence Program)
- Overview and portal
- Defects, fines, and invoicing
- ASN (Advance Shipment Notification)
- Case markings and labels
- Inner pack
- Meat and poultry cases
- ASN shipping
- Shipping labels LTL
- Shipping labels for cases and pallets
- Types of cases (configurations)
- Hazmat label requirements
- Automated RDCs
- CenterPoint Consolidation
- Ladder Plan
- Corporate POS Forecast Report
- Demand Forecast Report
- Supply Plan Report
- Key points
- Late pickup notification
- Ship point information
- Load planning
- What you must know about packaging, labeling, shipping
- Requirements for pallets and bagged items shipping to Walmart
- DC types
- Lead Time Audit: When/when not to do one
- Finer points of EOQ
- Freight Factor: How to influence it and why it’s important to your buyer
- How to get more from your efforts
- How to find the root cause of out of stocks
- Creating a ticket in the Transportation Ticketing Portal
THIS COURSE IS 2 CLASSES. EACH IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
DAY ONE RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME. DAY TWO RUNS 9:00 A.M. TO 12:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
YOU WILL SAVE $50 BY PURCHASING THESE CLASSES TOGETHER INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUALLY.