CHAIN 2: FORECASTING & REPLENISHMENT WITH RETAIL LINK® DATA
Keep your products on the Walmart shelf by improving your ability to forecast accurately. Uncover best practices for forecasting and fulfillment, and learn solutions for supply chain problems.
An intense class packed with practical value and hands-on learning.
You Will Learn
- Introduction to replenishment
- The Basic/Walmart Information Report
- Reasons for being out of stock
- What influences product demand
- Challenges of demand forecasting
- The replenishment pyramid
- When to create a Consumer ID (CID)
- Components of demand forecasting: mean, trend, seasonality
- Introducing a new item
- The forecasting process
- When to cleanse your history
- Best practices for history start dates
- Best practices for new item location
- Best practices for promotions
- How to create and use the Item 52 Week Forecast Report
- How to create and use the Last 13 Week Sales Next 13 Week Forecast Report
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIT)
- How to create and use the Future Valid Item Store Query
- Plan analysis
- Safety stock
- Allocation calendar
- Lead time
- Best practices for a Lead Time Audit
- Best practices for New Items/New Mods
- Best practices for End of Life (EOL)
- Supplier closings
- Optimization and Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)
- Truck load optimization (TLO)
- Supply Plan Item
- Supply Plan Item/DC
- Out of Stock Root Cause Dashboard
- Replenishment overview
- Demand forecast
- Introduction to NOVA
- Understanding the significance of:
- How to create and use these reports:
- Working well with Walmart’s replenishment team
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Custom training and Walmart consulting services are also available for you or your team.
Custom training: We will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and train your group privately, using your own data.
Walmart consulting: We will provide one-on-one time with an expert as well as full-service assistance from our team of consultants.
Click HERE to speak with a supply chain advisor to find out which is a better option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Once again Lori was an amazing instructor. I learned a lot of beneficial information that will help me greatly in my current and future roles.
- Taryn - 9/24/21 Sr. Analyst CPFR
[My associate and I] were both telling our manager yesterday how much we liked the course and benefited from it. I particularly liked Lori’s perspective, coming from a former Walmart employee and supplier side. She was able to provide real world examples and understood some of the supplier’s challenges that we face. Lori is very personable and relaxed and tried to make it fun. Everyone seemed to feel comfortable asking questions and sharing. I thought the Student Guide was very helpful and have already referred to it. Also running through query examples and things we have available and things we should check on was very helpful and insightful.
- Eileen - 9/24/21 Forecasting & Replenishment Analyst
My training was very informative and helpful. Lori was quite knowledgeable about the subject matter and provided us with a lot of useful information and tips that will enhance my Retail Link® experience.
- Patricia - 12/16/20 Demand Planner
Lori was great. She explained everything so clearly and gave us a lot of examples.
- Luis - 7/22/20 CPFR Walmart
Excellent teacher and very informative
- Monica - 4/21/21 Office Manager