CHAIN 2: FORECASTING & REPLENISHMENT WITH RETAIL LINK® DATA
Keep your products on the Walmart shelf by improving your ability to forecast accurately. Improve your supply chain as you learn solutions for problems. An intense class that is packed with practical value.
It sounds simple: Get the right number of items into Walmart when they’re needed, and don’t run out. But it’s become a complicated game, and the rules keep changing. Accurate forecasts are essential to producing purchase orders that support both in-stock and merchandise flow. Replenishment is critical to profitability. Learn how to create orders, how modular changes are planned, and how safety stock is used. Leave class understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Walmart replenishment team and knowing the prescribed paths for communicating and collaborating with them.
For replenishment analysts and managers, forecasting managers, demand planners, and allocation managers.
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of Retail Link® navigation and ability to create a report. You will learn both in the Retail Link® 1: Basics class.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Introduction to Replenishment
- Basic Item Information Query
- Replenishment Pyramid
- GRS Overview
- GRS Forecast Process
- Demand Workbench
- Initial Mean
- New Item Locations
- New Item Promotions
- Retail Link® Reporting
- Sales & Demand Forecast Reporting
- Forecast Adjustments Corporate Level
- Forecast Adjustments DC Level
- SWAS/CWAC Exception Reporting
- Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIST)
- Future Valid Item/Stores
Meet Your Teacher
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores, and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Excellent teacher and very informative
My training was very informative and helpful. Lori was quite knowledgeable about the subject matter and provided us with a lot of useful information and tips that will enhance my Retail Link® experience.
Patricia – Demand Planner – 12.16.20
Lori was great. She explained everything so clearly and gave us a lot of examples.
Luis – CPFR Walmart – 7.22.20