ACCOUNTING, INVOICING & DEDUCTIONS
Need to reduce your deductions and improve your accounting processes? The challenge is that Walmart’s accounting system is complex and is updated frequently.
Learn it here, learn it now — from experts.
A thorough review of the entire Walmart accounting process — from vendor agreements to purchase orders to deduction resolution to Walmart’s expectations of suppliers. Up-to-the-minute Retail Link® content. Experienced, dedicated teachers who have your best interest a heart.
In this Walmart accounting class, you will learn new techniques, sharpen your accounting processes and gain in both knowledge and confidence.
Who should take this class:
Claims and acquisition specialists, accountants, accounting administrators, national account managers, those working in supply chain.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
Content for this class was revised 12/5/22.
You Will Learn
- The importance of understanding your supplier agreement
- General information and best practices
- The supplier’s responsibility
- Why invoices are paid incorrectly and at the wrong time
- Match and Pay invoices
- What the Accounting Scorecard does and how to use its findings
- Walmart’s expectations
- Navigating the OTIF Scorecard and Charges page
Common AP errors and how to avoid them
Everything you need to know about APIS (Accounts Payable Inquiry System)
How to seek support from EBS (Enterprise Business Services) and Genpact
How to create a custom PO Receiving Report and where to locate the NOVA App
How OTIF interfaces with accounting
- Types of deductions and the process for each
- Vendor agreement disputes
- Invoice discrepancies
- Shipping claims
- The necessary documentation
- How to obtain a copy
- When to use the APDP app vs High Radius
- Disputes that are pending
- Key points and best practices
- Top 10 root causes of claims
- Top 10 types of claims
- Why a post audit deduction request should be a top priority
Deductions research and PO Receivables reports
What High Radius is and how to use it to reconcile AR invoices
Dispute Portal: How to communicate a dispute, submit its documentation, and track its status
THIS CLASS RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
IT IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.