ACCOUNTING, INVOICING & DEDUCTIONS
Need to reduce your deductions and improve your accounting processes? The challenge is that Walmart’s accounting system is complex and is updated frequently.
Learn it here, learn it now — from experts.
A thorough review of the entire Walmart accounting process — from vendor agreements to purchase orders to deduction resolution to Walmart’s expectations of suppliers. Up-to-the-minute Retail Link® content. Experienced, dedicated teachers. You will learn new techniques, sharpen your accounting processes, and gain in both knowledge and confidence.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- The importance of understanding your supplier agreement
- General information and best practices
- The supplier’s responsibility
- Why invoices are paid incorrectly and at the wrong time
- Match and Pay invoices
- What the Accounting Scorecard does and how to use its findings
- Walmart’s expectations
- Navigating the OTIF Scorecard and Charges page
- Vendor agreement disputes
- Invoice discrepancies
- Shipping claims
- The necessary documentation
- How to obtain a copy
- How to communicate a dispute and submit its documentation
- How to track the status of a dispute
- Disputes that are pending
- How to create a new invoice
- Key points and best practices
- Top 10 root causes of claims
- Top 10 types of claims
- Why a post audit deduction request should be a top priority
Common AP errors and how to avoid them
Everything you need to know about APIS
How to seek support from GBS and Genpact
- Steps to build a 90-Day Paid Detail Report
How to create a custom PO Receiving Report
How OTIF interfaces with accounting
Types of deductions and the process for each
Deductions research and PO Receivables reports
What High Radius is and how to use it to reconcile AR invoices
Custom Training on Accounting, Invoicing & Deductions is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Heather Reid was just awesome! We only had three people in the class which was great because my co-worker and I had a lot of questions. She was very patient and thorough. We will definitely be taking additional classes with 8th & Walton!
Susan- Compliance Manager – 5.4.21
It was a long day but I think necessary. Heather is a very good instructor. I am a demanding student. Heather met all my expectations. The class was very well organized, the material was what I needed and the instructor was great. Highly recommended.
Tom – CFO – 4.13.21
Heather was great. I’m sure what I learned will pay for the class many times over.
Alfred- IT/Operations – 5.4.21
I really learned a lot today and am excited to start making better use of the tools that I already have.
Maru- Staff Accountant – 4.13.21
Learned very helpful info that will help in deduction disputes and receiving more timely payment.
Ashely- Sr Analyst – 3.4.21
Heather was amazing and shared quite a few interesting points on best business practices. I changed my role from Sales Analyst to Deductions Analyst. Although I had 5 years behind me on the Walmart Sales end, I had no training on the Accounting end which prompted me to take the course. I found it very helpful on the Accounting end. For the most part, I already knew topics in the presentation, but it was good to fill in some of the blanks and grey areas I had questions on.
Geraldine – Deductions Analyst – 9.3.20