SUPPLY CHAIN TRAINING SUITE
Master supply chain in 2-½ days. Learn GRS Demand, GRS Fulfillment, and OTIF from an experienced Canadian facilitator using the most up-to-date information available.
Save $160 by purchasing the suite instead of individual classes.
Being aware of the current state of your business before planning for the future is important. Correctly analyzing sales, instocks and forecasts is critical. An inaccurate forecast costs your company sales and profit and impacts your Walmart relationships.
In this 2-½ day Walmart supply chain training suite, you will learn how to make informed decisions that will improve the performance of your business and enhance your credibility as a Walmart business partner.
Who should take this course:
Replenishment analysts and managers, demand planners, allocation managers and forecasting managers; those new to supply chain; those wanting to be up-to-the-minute with Walmart’s supply chain requirements and procedures; those wanting to remove supply chain errors and reduce penalties.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® courses of study and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This supply chain suite is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
GRS: Demand Forecasting
- Introduction to Replenishment
- Basic item information
- Why you are out of stock
- What influences product demand
- Challenges to demand forecasting
- Replenishment Pyramid/span>
- The process in detail
- When to cleanse history
- How to establish an initial mean
- GRS forecasting
- New item locations
- Collaborating with replenishment managers
- Item 104 Week Sales Report
- Corporate Item Forecast
- Demand Forecast by Store
- Corporate POS Report Query
- Last 13Wk POS Next 13Wk Forecast
- Focus on GRS Forecast
- Best practices for —
- How to create and analyze these reports:
- SWAS exception reporting
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIT)
- How demand, calendar allocation and forecast work together
- How it works at store level and DC level
- How to provide recommendations
- What comprises it
- How it determines dates on POs
- The significance of TiHi
- Components and goal of EOQ (Economic Order Quantity)
- How it all fits together
- What constitutes a full truckload
- Benefits of vendor pooling
- What 3PL (3rd Party Consolidation) entails
- Walmart Item Information
- Lead Time by Warehouse by PO
- Purchase Order
- Fill Rate & MABD Compliance %
- Supply Plan
- Sell-Thru by Store
- Lost Sales Analysis
- How plan analysis works
- Safety stock
- Lead Time
- Best practices for new items and new mods
- Best practices for EOL (end of life)
- How to complete Supplier Closing template
- How to optimize orders
- Truckload optimization
- PO types and procedures
- Best practices for meetings and communication
- How to create and retrieve 7 valuable reports:
OTIF BASICS & REPORTS
- Why OTIF is important to your business
- Where to focus to meet your OTIF goals
- What to avoid if you are not meeting your OTIF goals
- Why reviewing Must Arrive by Dates is important
- How to read the OTIF Scorecard
- How to use the OTIF Scorecard to identify a recurring exception
- What Walmart is responsible for/what the supplier is responsible for
- Who is accountable
- What each early or late error means
- Common issues for prepaid and collect
- Lead Time by Warehouse by PO
- Order Forecast by DC
- Supply Plan pivot table
- Key elements for OTIF success
- Reason Codes
- How to create and analyze key reports
- Best practices and plan of action
DAY ONE AND DAY TWO ARE ALL-DAY CLASSES, RUNNING FROM 9 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
DAY THREE IS A 3-HOUR CLASS, RUNNING FROM 9 A.M. TO NOON EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $1,440.00 USD
YOU SAVE $160 USD BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a supply chain advisor to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
The class size was small, which really helped me to feel comfortable with asking Heather questions and not feeling pressured by time constraints. Heather really puts effort into making the class more communicative to ensure that her students understand the material being taught. Very glad that I attended this class, and I look forward to putting what Heather taught into practice!
- Sarah - 4-27-21 Student
Classes were good. I learned a lot, and Heather made the 3 days go by seamlessly. I have taken on a new position at (company), and they felt that these were the best classes for me to take in order to expand my Retail Link® knowledge.
- Jasmine - 9-8-20 Replenishment Manager