LEARN NOVA NOW
Let our replenishment experts walk you through each step of Walmart’s NOVA. In just one morning, you’ll learn how to create and maintain your POs properly using the NOVA app and template in Retail Link®. Then put that knowledge to use immediately and eliminate or reduce errors and fines.
Walmart has recently enabled suppliers to create POs and update or edit POs through the Retail Link® app called NOVA (New Order Validation & Approval). The rewards of using NOVA are many, including greater accuracy of POs, reduction of fines, and quicker replenishment.
Who should attend this class: those new to replenishment, replenishment managers, sales analysts, some account managers, customer experience (CX) team members.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- What NOVA does and does not allow you to do
- Single search
- Multiple search
- What MUST be included
- What MAY be included
- Line results
- Header results
- Walmart’s template
- PO creation for staplestock and crossdock
- Why checking for errors is critical
- Important details to remember
- Crossdock advice
- Key cancel codes
How to access NOVA
How to do a PO search
- How to correctly create a PO
- Best practices for PO maintenance
Meet Your Teachers
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
Terry Clear was at Walmart for nearly 10 years, five of which were on the GRS project, starting with pre go-live foundational work, later working with the database to migrate external data into the Walmart data warehouse. While on the GRS project, Terry earned a supply chain patent for process improvement for perishable product in the Walmart Express stores. Later, Terry moved to the Walmart Transportation/Logistics Division as a Senior Manager of Merchandise Logistics for Consumables, Health and Wellness. As Merchandising Logistics Manager, Terry was responsible for solving supply chain challenges including ship point alignments, prepaid or collect analyses, new supplier transportation onboarding, pack analyses, and optimization of the supply chain for multi-supplier private label products.
THIS IS A HALF-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO NOON CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.