In three mornings of training, you’ll learn the entire item management process — starting with a correct set up for an item and ending with the best practices for making the most of your listings.
Save $105 by purchasing this suite instead of the individual classes.
Get it right the first time. That is the mantra for item creation. Our experts show you the ins and outs so you start off with accurate entries. Then you’ll learn the best ways to maintain your listings correctly and enhance your item files in meaningful ways.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
Item 360 – 1:
GTIN/UPC, Usage & Governance
- GTINs (Global Trade Item Numbers) and UPCs
- Structures and types of barcodes
- Governance and use of authentic GTINs
- GDSN defined
- The purpose of GDSN
- The packaging hierarchy and the importance of accuracy
- Interchangeable terms in packaging
- How to enter and publish an item
- Creating and linking hierarchies
- Components of breakpacks, assortments and shippers
- Reporting – reading the CIC responses (Catalog Item Confirmation)
- Products that are subject to a chemical review process
- Why this is required for certain products
GDSN (Global Data Synchronization Network) & Data Synchronization
WERCS (Worldwide Environmental Regulatory Compliance Solutions)
Item 360 – 2:
Item Creation Basics
- Overview of Item 360 and recent changes
- Its dashboard and navigational page
- Examples of error messages
- How to complete spec forms properly
- Requirements for both child and parent assortment items
- Tips for uploading spreadsheets
- Common problems and their solutions
- A single item
- A mass item
- An shipper item
- A DSV item
- An assortment to synch with GDSN
- An assortment not to be synched with GDSN
- A variant group
How to set up items in Item 360
How to set up —
Item 360 – 3:
- How to determine the status of an item
- How to find and fix an item
- How to discard a submission properly
- How to track it
- What Supplier Action Required and Walmart Action Required mean
- How to edit, add or remove an image
- Where costs for e-commerce and store-shared items are managed
- The Content Scorecard and Walmart’s Content Standards
- Guidelines and best practices
- Why item pages are important
- What enhanced content really does
- How to build trust with a prospect or customer
- How content is ranked
Shipper Activity Manager
How to maintain an item: step-by-step instructions
Areas in Maintenance Hub
How to navigate and manage specific areas in the catalog
How to customize a report
The importance of content
Common issues and their resolutions
Meet Your Teachers
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
THIS IS 3 HALF-DAY CLASSES.
9:00 A.M. TO NOON CENTRAL TIME.
YOU WILL SAVE $105 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSES.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
I got some very useful details from the class. I love learning and have done quite a bit of training with 8th & Walton over the years although it’s been a while. I am getting ready to hire a new sales support person, so I will definitely have her sign up for this program. I thought the 1st session was FABULOUS in explaining GTINS and hierarchies and would be very helpful for a new person not familiar with those concepts.
Rachel- Director of Sales Operations – 5.18.21
The class was informative and I learned quite a bit. Would recommend.
Sean – Student – 4.27.21
I wanted to reach out and thank you for such a great class last week; it was truly very beneficial.
Matt – Account Manager – 2.23.21