ITEM CREATION BASICS
Learn how to create an item under the guidance of an expert with years of Walmart and item creation experience who understands what today’s Item 360 process requires of suppliers.
Get hands-on training for item creation, starting with how to navigate 1 World Sync. Learn the differences between Each, Case, Pack, and Pallet and the nuances of each. Discover the steps you must follow when linking, validating, and publishing an item. Simply put, learn everything you need to know to create an item correctly.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Recent changes to the item creation process
- Navigating Item 360
- How to create a store item in Item 360 in Retail Link®
- How to create a store shipper in Item 360 in Retail Link®
- How to create an omnichannel/e-commerce item in Item 360 in Retail Link®
- How to create a DSV item in Item 360 in Retail Link®
Meet Your Teachers
Tiffany Henderson has worked for Walmart and its suppliers for 20 years. Starting at Walmart in 2000, she was part of store sales account management and then focused on dotcom from its beginning and trained staff in e-commerce. E-commerce became her passion, and she has managed all aspects of the e-commerce business of suppliers in a wide range of Walmart categories, including beverages, household cleaners, garden, pet, and childrenswear. Currently she also leads an e-commerce support group for suppliers.
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
THIS IS A HALF-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO NOON CENTRAL TIME.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.