CHAIN 1: HOW TO NAVIGATE WALMART’S
Get a grasp of the whole supply chain process as you learn the ins and outs from experts. The perfect class if you are new to supply chain or new to Walmart and want to start off on the right foot. Also recommended for executives and accountants who seek a deeper understanding of supply chain and want to avoid fines.
Learn all aspects of inventory flow from experts with decades of experience. Whether you need an immediate grasp of supply chain or an immediate improvement of your results, this tactical class will lay it all out for you, clearly and completely.
This class is designed for those working in supply chain, replenishment, analysis, and warehouse operations.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- SQEP (Supplier Quality Excellence Program)
- Its impact and its timeline
- PO defects and how to avoid them
- Invoice example
- How ASN (Advance Shipment Notification) works
- Proper markings and labels
- Pallet requirements
- Bills of Lading
- Distinctions between what is shipped and what is received
- Clarification of various types of cases
- Hazmat label requirements
- How to reduce consolidation challenges
- Ship in full
- Overstating cube
- Carrier costs are not in your control (cost of freight)
- Ladder Plan
- Corporate POS Forecast Report
- Demand Forecast Report
- Supply Plan Report
- Its key points
- How to confirm shipment for a single PO or several
- How to determine routing status
- How to reconfirm (rekey) POs
- How to complete various notifications
- Options for allowing a 3PL to confirm a PO
- How to work through the Transportation Ticketing Portal
- What you must know about packaging, labeling, shipping
- Lead Time Audit: When and when not to do one
- Finer points of Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) and Ti/H
- Freight Factor: How to influence it; why it’s important to your buyer
- How to get more from your efforts
- How to find the root cause of out of stocks
- TSCP (Transportation Supply Chain Portal)
- How best to communicate with Walmart
- Discussion of advantages/disadvantages of collect and pre-paid
Meet Your Teacher
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.