RETAIL LINK® SUITE
If you are new to Retail Link, you will save both time and money with this training suite. In just 3 days, you’ll be up and running and will avoid expensive (and embarrassing) errors beginners often make due to lack of knowledge.
Save $195 by purchasing the suite instead of individual classes.
For 3 days, immerse yourself in Retail Link®, Walmart’s online hub of data, documentation, reports, and special applications. If you’re new to Walmart Canada or new to a position requiring you to manage product sales, this training gets you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® courses of study and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
Who should take this Retail Link® training:
If you’re new to Walmart Canada or new to a position requiring you to manage product sales, these three days of training get you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
Class content is revised frequently — whenever changes or updates occur.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
Day 1: Retail Link® 1: Basics
How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
How to use Retail Link’s® most important scorecards and reports
- Supplier Performance Scorecard
- Quick Item Information Report
- Company Summary Report
- Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- The benefits of scheduling your reports
How to get more out of Retail Link immediately
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use its important apps and docs
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- Where to find definitions quickly
How to create and successfully retrieve a query
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support — New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
Day 2: Retail Link® 2: Decision Support
How to use Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- Homepage review
- Important and frequently used templates
- How to select the data that will be shown in a report
- Why the order of column selection is important
- DSS shortcut to math calculations
- How to make a report specific to your needs
- How to develop a report specific to a store, warehouse or trait
- How to work with time frames on queries
How to create and retrieve 12 valuable reports:
- Sales by Item
- PO Tracking
- 104 Week Sales
- Current Instock & Pipeline
- Stores Out & Nothing in Pipeline (using a calculator)
- Weekly Demand Forecast
- Demand Forecast by Store
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- Return to Sales Comparison
- E-Com Business Performance Report
Day 3: Retail Link® 3: Analysis
- Determine if your items are in the right stores
- Create a Current Replenishment Instock Report
- Run a sell-thru on your promo items
- Build a story about your customer
- Plan for demand of product needs
- Tell a story that can be used to help your Walmart business
- Communicate effectively with Walmart
- Organize your reports and develop a plan
How to create and retrieve 9 valuable reports:
- Item Store Level Sales
- Store of the Community
- Sell-Thru on Promo Items
- Replenishment Instock
- Market Basket Summary
- Sales by Hour Summary
- Sales by Hour
- Supply Plan by Case
- Forecast to Sales
THIS SUITE IS 3 CLASSES, EACH RUNNING FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
EACH CLASS IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
PRICE: $1,755 USD
YOU WILL SAVE $195 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
Registration closes at 3 P.M. Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the first class in the suite. Please use your supplier email address to register.
- Each student must register; one participant per registration.
- Each student must use his/her camera throughout class.
- You must have authorized access to Retail Link®.
- You must have a Retail Link® ID and password.
- Please have Excel ready to use.
- NOTE FOR NEW WALMART SUPPLIERS: In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
Because the classes are small and interactive, you can ask questions and get answers right away. Heather's a great instructor. She understands it is a lot of info to grasp in a short period of time, so she's very patient and repeats if needed. Retail Link has a lot of data, and I could spend a day pulling out reports (!!!). The class itself is not confusing or difficult. But you need to go into Retail Link on regular basis after the class and put to work what you learned.
- Marisa - 8-8-23 Sales Manager
Heather is a fantastic instructor. I enjoyed the course and learned so much that I am already applying to my daily processes in Retail Link.
- Irene - 1-3-23 Customer Experience Specialist
I used some of the reports the next day. Very helpful. I can't wait for class 2.
- John - 7-5-22 Planner
Heather was an amazing teacher and she ensured that I made the most of the knowledge provided. I am extremely satisfied with the course as a whole and my experience.
- Tyler - 4-12-22 Retail Sales Analyst
Heather is a great teacher; I learned a lot on Retail Link because of her!
- Jesse-Anne - 3-8-22 Key Account Manager
I loved this class and especially Heather's teaching. Training materials were easy to follow and not only spoke on how to do a task in RL but why. She was a great teacher and really cared about her students understanding and succeeding. She put a lot of time into explaining the concepts and steps and made sure every one of us understood and was not left behind. I wouldn't hesitate to take another class with her!
- Adrienne - 4-6-21 Trade Deduction Analyst
Heather was an amazing instructor. She takes the time to answer all questions and will follow up with you if she doesn't have an immediate solution. Taking the Suite course was intensive but has given me a confidence boost for my new role. Thanks, Heather!!
- Sarah - 4-6-21 Replenishment Planner