RETAIL LINK® TRAINING SUITE
You’ll save both time and money with this Retail Link® training suite. In just 3 days, you’ll be up and running and will avoid expensive (and embarrassing) errors beginners often make due to lack of knowledge.
Save $195 by purchasing the suite instead of individual classes.
For 3 days, immerse yourself in Retail Link®, Walmart’s online hub of data, documentation, reports, and special applications. If you’re new to Walmart Canada or new to a position requiring you to manage product sales, this training gets you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® courses of study and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
Who should take this Retail Link® training:
If you’re new to Walmart Canada or new to a position requiring you to manage product sales, these three days of training get you where you need to be quickly and thoroughly.
NOTE: 8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
Day 1: Retail Link® 1: Basics
- How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support — New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
- Supplier Performance Scorecard
- Quick Item Information Report
- Company Summary Report
- Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- The benefits of scheduling your reports
- How to create and successfully retrieve a query
- How to use Retail Link’s® most important scorecards and reports
Day 2: Retail Link® 2: Decision Support
- How to use Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- Homepage review
- Important and frequently used templates
- How to select the data that will be shown in a report
- Why the order of column selection is important
- DSS shortcut to math calculations
- How to make a report specific to your needs
- How to develop a report specific to a store, warehouse or trait
- How to work with time frames on queries
- Sales by Item
- PO Tracking
- 104 Week Sales
- Current Instock & Pipeline
- Stores Out & Nothing in Pipeline (using a calculator)
- Weekly Demand Forecast
- Demand Forecast by Store
- Markdown Event
- 13 Week Sales
- Sales Year Over Year
- Return to Sales Comparison
- E-Com Business Performance Report
- How to create and retrieve 12 valuable reports:
- How to set up and use Custom Groups
Day 3: Retail Link® 3: Analysis
- How to:
- Determine if your items are in the right stores
- Create a Current Replenishment Instock Report
- Build a story about your customer
- Plan for demand of product needs
- Tell a story that can be used to help your Walmart business
- Communicate effectively with Walmart
- Organize your reports and develop a plan
- Item Store Level Sales
- Store of the Community
- Sell-Thru on Promo Items
- Replenishment Instock
- Market Basket Summary
- Sales by Hour Summary
- Sales by Hour
- Supply Plan by Case
- Forecast to Sales
- How to create and retrieve 9 valuable reports:
THIS SUITE IS 3 CLASSES, EACH RUNNING FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
EACH CLASS IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
PRICE: $1,755 USD
YOU WILL SAVE $195 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
I used some of the reports the next day. Very helpful. I can't wait for class 2.
- John - 7-5-22 Planner
Heather was an amazing teacher and she ensured that I made the most of the knowledge provided. I am extremely satisfied with the course as a whole and my experience.
- Tyler - 4-12-22 Retail Sales Analyst
Heather is a great teacher; I learned a lot on Retail Link because of her!
- Jesse-Anne - 3-8-22 Key Account Manager
I loved this class and especially Heather's teaching. Training materials were easy to follow and not only spoke on how to do a task in RL but why. She was a great teacher and really cared about her students understanding and succeeding. She put a lot of time into explaining the concepts and steps and made sure every one of us understood and was not left behind. I wouldn't hesitate to take another class with her!
- Adrienne - 4-6-21 Trade Deduction Analyst
Heather was an amazing instructor. She takes the time to answer all questions and will follow up with you if she doesn't have an immediate solution. Taking the Suite course was intensive but has given me a confidence boost for my new role. Thanks, Heather!!
- Sarah - 4-6-21 Replenishment Planner
Heather was a great instructor who always kept a good pace but ensured that none of the students fell behind. She clearly demonstrated the subject matter in a way that was clear and informative. She is excellent at keeping the class engaged. Overall, the course was an excellent experience and I give Heather my highest regards.
- Gregory - 4-6-21 Trade Deduction Analyst