RETAIL LINK® 1: BASICS
To succeed with Walmart, you must master Retail Link® and use it confidently because it holds the key to the Walmart kingdom. This practical, introductory class gets you through the castle door.
This well-organized primer makes the complex data in Retail Link® understandable and memorable. Hands-on training from an expert leads you through all Retail Link® has to offer. This class is for those working directly in Retail Link® as well as sales staff, analysts, accountants who manage the Walmart business and executives seeking a fuller understanding of this treasure trove of data.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- How to navigate the Retail Link® homepage
- The importance of Business at a Glance
- How to customize your dashboard
- The most important apps and docs in Retail Link®
- Critical aspects of Walmart’s accounting
- The difference between the OTIF app and the OTIF doc
- The components of the New Decision Support homepage
- The elements of building a query
- The significance of the Supplier Performance Scorecard
- How to create, retrieve, and review reports: Quick Item File, Company Summary, Sales by Store
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Heather was fantastic. She not only showed the tools but also explained why each report was helpful to the buyers and provided action plans for them.
Jennifer – 2.23.21
Heather is very knowledgeable and informative. I really learned a lot from her, and I enjoyed her class.
Gabriela – National Account Manager – 2.23.21
The class was super informative and useful. Heather was able to teach me the basic fundamentals of using Retail Link® while still catering to my individualized needs. There were 3-4 things I immediately took as follow-ups after our session.
Sam – Vendor Advisor for Walmart – 9.15.20