RETAIL LINK® 1: BASICS
New to Retail Link®? To succeed with Walmart, you must master it and use it confidently because Retail Link® holds the key to the Walmart kingdom. This practical, introductory class gets you through the castle door.
This well-organized primer makes the complex data in Retail Link® understandable and memorable. Hands-on training from an expert experienced in both Walmart Canada and Retail Link® leads you through it all.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® courses of study and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
Who should take this Retail Link® class:
Those who are new to Walmart, new to Retail Link® or new to retail; those seeking a fuller understanding of this treasure trove of data — sales staff, analysts, accountants who manage the Walmart business, executives.
Content for this class is revised frequently — whenever changes or updates occur.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
How to use Retail Link’s® most important scorecards and reports
- Supplier Performance Scorecard
- Quick Item Information Report
- Company Summary Report
- Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- The benefits of scheduling your reports
How to get more out of Retail Link immediately
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use its important apps and docs
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- Where to find definitions quickly
How to create and successfully retrieve a query
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support — New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
THIS CLASS RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
IT IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Registration closes at 3 P.M. Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the class. Please use your supplier email address to register.
- Each student must register; one participant per registration.
- Each student must use his/her camera throughout class.
- You must have authorized access to Retail Link®.
- You must have a Retail Link® ID and password.
- Please have Excel ready to use.
- NOTE FOR NEW WALMART SUPPLIERS: In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
Heather was great! Kept the content interesting and was very personable.
- Ryan - 9-6-222 Student
It is very clear Heather has a wealth of knowledge and was able to share this with the group throughout the training. She made sure everyone understood every step, and she was able to answer all questions anyone had. This training helped me navigate the Retail Link website and create some of the key reports we require to manage our business.
- Mike - 9-6-21 Manager, National Sales
It was a great training and Heather was a great instructor! Thank you for the training again!
- Alican - 4-12-22 Key Account Manager
It was effective, am happy with the class and Heather's teaching.
- Goksel - 4-12-22 Student
Heather was a great instructor – would love to do the more advanced classes with her in the future.
- Stephanie - 2-15-22 Sales Assistant
My Retail Link training today, allowed me to appreciate and experience passionate work. Our facilitator, Heather Reid, was phenomenal; she was credible, personable, and entertaining. Thank you, 8th & Walton, for an awesome session that provided me with the necessary tools to excel on data pulls.
- Taja - 12-14-21 Sales Development Associate