RETAIL LINK® 1: BASICS
To succeed with Walmart, you must master Retail Link® and use it confidently because it holds the key to the Walmart kingdom. This practical, introductory class gets you through the castle door.
This well-organized primer makes the complex data in Retail Link® understandable and memorable. Hands-on training from an expert experienced in both Walmart Canada and Retail Link® leads you through it all.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® courses of study and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
Who should take this Retail Link® class:
Those who are new to Walmart, new to Retail Link® or new to retail; those seeking a fuller understanding of this treasure trove of data — sales staff, analysts, accountants who manage the Walmart business, executives.
NOTES: Content for this class was updated 8/16/22.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
- How to make your way around Retail Link®
- Retail Link® basic navigation
- How the homepage is set up
- How to save time and reduce frustration
- The most valuable functions, apps and docs
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support — New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The difference between AND and OR when building a query
- Supplier Performance Scorecard
- Quick Item Information Report
- Company Summary Report
- Store Detail Report
- How to share reports
- The benefits of scheduling your reports
- How to create and successfully retrieve a query
- How to use Retail Link’s® most important scorecards and reports
THIS CLASS RUNS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
IT IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Heather was great! Kept the content interesting and was very personable.
- Ryan - 9-6-222 Student
It is very clear Heather has a wealth of knowledge and was able to share this with the group throughout the training. She made sure everyone understood every step, and she was able to answer all questions anyone had. This training helped me navigate the Retail Link website and create some of the key reports we require to manage our business.
- Mike - 9-6-21 Manager, National Sales
It was a great training and Heather was a great instructor! Thank you for the training again!
- Alican - 4-12-22 Key Account Manager
It was effective, am happy with the class and Heather's teaching.
- Goksel - 4-12-22 Student
Heather was a great instructor – would love to do the more advanced classes with her in the future.
- Stephanie - 2-15-22 Sales Assistant
My Retail Link training today, allowed me to appreciate and experience passionate work. Our facilitator, Heather Reid, was phenomenal; she was credible, personable, and entertaining. Thank you, 8th & Walton, for an awesome session that provided me with the necessary tools to excel on data pulls.
- Taja - 12-14-21 Sales Development Associate