RETAIL LINK® 4: PLANNING FOR A NEW ITEM
Before you move forward with a new product, learn what you must consider and what category managers mean when they ask for innovation. Start by thoroughly understanding your current state. Then learn the theory and strategy behind adding new items.
Get new products on the Walmart shelf and keep them there by improving your ability to develop and plan properly for new items. Innovate only after you’ve learned better ways to analyze your sales, instocks, and forecasts. Learn what is meant by innovation and why it is critical to your future with Walmart Canada. For account managers, demand planners, allocation managers, forecasting managers.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- What account managers need to consider when evaluating the marketplace
- What innovation means to Walmart’s category managers
- Why planners must know the current state of their business
- How to plan for new items
- How to run and review your Supplier Performance Scorecard
- How to create and retrieve Sales, Instock, and Forecast reports
- Calculations for projecting new item forecasts
- Reports available in DSS for pulling forecast information
- Corporate vs store item level forecasts
- The basic concepts of GRS
- How to manage your business using exception reporting
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.