RETAIL LINK® 4: PLANNING & FORECASTING
An accurate forecast begins with knowing the current state of your business. In this class, you will learn how to use Retail Link® data to make decisions that will improve your ability to plan.
Better forecasting will make you a better partner with Walmart Canada.
Keep your products on the shelf by using more Retail Link® data and improving your ability to plan well. Learn better ways to analyze your sales, instocks, and forecasts to improve your accuracy. An inaccurate forecast not only costs your company sales and profit, it will also impact your credibility and eventually damage key relationships within Walmart Canada.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- How to improve your market awareness as you build your plan
- How to use your Supplier Performance Scorecard more fully
- How to plan for new items
- Why innovation is important to your buyer (category manager)
- How the forecast is created
- Why forecast accuracy is so important
- How to manage your business using exception reporting
- How to create and retrieve valuable reports:
- Demand Forecast Review – POS
- Demand Forecast Review – Forecast
- Demand Forecast Review – Instock
- Replenishment Instock
- Store Level Forecast
- Corporate Level Forecast
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.