OTIF BASICS & REPORTS
The importance of OTIF to Walmart’s Canadian suppliers is certain to expand. Learn OTIF now and benefit immediately.
You will leave this class with a full understanding of what OTIF is and how to run its key reports. Using the OTIF Scorecard, we show you how to gain insight into true root cause for early, late, and un-filled cases and discuss resolution options to prevent these exceptions on future purchase orders. A better On Time In Full performance prevents deductions and fines. You need to know this.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Why OTIF is important to your business
- Where to focus to meet your OTIF goals
- What to avoid if you are not meeting your OTIF goals
- Why reviewing Must Arrive by Dates is important
- How to read the OTIF Scorecard
- How to use the OTIF Scorecard to identify a recurring exception
- What Walmart is responsible for/what the supplier is responsible for
- Who is accountable
- What each early or late error means
- Common issues for prepaid and collect
- Lead Time by Warehouse by PO
- Order Forecast by DC
- Supply Plan pivot table
- Key elements for OTIF success
- Reason Codes
- How to create and analyze key reports
- Best practices and plan of action
Custom Training on OTIF is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS A 3-HOUR CLASS.
9:00 AM TO 12PM EASTERN TIME.
COST: $300 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Heather is a great instructor.
Reese- Student – 3.25.21