Know the intricacies of GRS and anticipate its challenges so you can head off errors and omissions. This class will expand your skills dramatically.
Turn your supply chain plans into reality by understanding GRS more fully. Learn its ins and outs so you can execute your supply chain plans more successfully. After working with our expert teacher, you will have a rich understanding of fulfillment, leading to a greater sense of confidence in the work you produce. Designed for replenishment analysts / managers, forecasting managers, and demand planners and allocation managers.
Prerequisite: GRS: Demand Forecasting
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- How demand, calendar allocation and forecast work together
- How it works at store level and DC level
- How to provide recommendations
- What comprises it
- How it determines dates on POs
- The significance of TiHi
- Components and goal of EOQ (Economic Order Quantity)
- How it all fits together
- What constitutes a full truckload
- Benefits of vendor pooling
- What 3PL (3rd Party Consolidation) entails
- Walmart Item Information
- Lead Time by Warehouse by PO
- Purchase Order
- Fill Rate & MABD Compliance %
- Supply Plan
- Sell-Thru by Store
- Lost Sales Analysis
- How plan analysis works
- Safety stock
- Lead Time
- Best practices for new items and new mods
- Best practices for EOL (end of life)
- How to complete Supplier Closing template
- How to optimize orders
- Truckload optimization
- PO types and procedures
- Best practices for meetings and communication
- How to create and retrieve 7 valuable reports:
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.