GRS: DEMAND FORECASTING
Improve your forecast accuracy so you produce purchase orders that support instock and merchandise flow. Keep your products on the Walmart shelf.
First, understand what GRS is and why it is critically important to your business. Next, learn the most important and frequently-used Retail Link® reports and tools and the functions of replenishment. Class is ideal for replenishment analysts and managers, demand planners, allocation managers, and forecasting managers.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Introduction to Replenishment
- Basic item information
- Why you are out of stock
- What influences product demand
- Challenges to demand forecasting
- Replenishment Pyramid/span>
- The process in detail
- When to cleanse history
- How to establish an initial mean
- GRS forecasting
- New item locations
- Collaborating with replenishment managers
- Item 104 Week Sales Report
- Corporate Item Forecast
- Demand Forecast by Store
- Corporate POS Report Query
- Last 13Wk POS Next 13Wk Forecast
- Focus on GRS Forecast
- Best practices for —
- How to create and analyze these reports:
- SWAS exception reporting
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIT)
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.