GRS: DEMAND FORECASTING
Improve your forecast accuracy so you produce purchase orders that support instock and merchandise flow. Keep your products on the Walmart shelf.
First, understand what GRS is and why it is critically important to your business. Next, learn the most important and frequently-used Retail Link® reports and tools and the functions of replenishment. Class is ideal for replenishment analysts and managers, demand planners, allocation managers, and forecasting managers.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Key concepts of replenishment
- Causes and corrections of out of stocks
- Challenges and solutions to demand forecasting
- Why some DCs get more product than others
- Best practices in demand forecast
- When a trend presents an opportunity
- How to make forecast adjustments
- SWAS exception reporting
- How to use the Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIST)
- How and when to communicate with Walmart
- How to create and retrieve 6 valuable reports:
- Item Information
- 104 Week Sales
- Demand Forecast by Warehouse
- Demand Forecast by Store
- Corporate POS
- 13 Week Sales vs. N13 Week Forecast
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. ESTERN TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.