ACCOUNTING, INVOICING & DEDUCTIONS
Need to reduce your deductions and improve your accounting processes? The challenge is that Walmart’s accounting system is complex and is updated frequently.
Learn it here, learn it now — from experts.
A thorough review of the entire Walmart accounting process — from vendor agreements to purchase orders to deduction resolution to Walmart’s expectations of suppliers. Up-to-the-minute Retail Link® content. Experienced, dedicated teachers who have your best interest a heart.
In this Walmart accounting class, you will learn new techniques, sharpen your accounting processes and gain in both knowledge and confidence.
Who should take this class:
Claims and acquisition specialists, accountants, accounting administrators, national account managers, those working in supply chain.
Content for this class is updated frequently — whenever changes or revisions occur.
8th & Walton classes are exclusively for Walmart suppliers; only a supplier who works directly with Walmart may register.
You Will Learn
The importance of understanding your supplier agreement
Common AP errors and how to avoid them
- General information and best practices
- The supplier’s responsibility
- Why invoices are paid incorrectly and at the wrong time
- Match and Pay invoices
- What the Accounting Scorecard does and how to use its findings
Everything you need to know about APIS
How to seek support from GBS and Genpact
Steps to build a 90-Day Paid Detail Report
How to create a custom PO Receiving Report
How OTIF interfaces with accounting
- Walmart’s expectations
- Navigating the OTIF Scorecard and Charges page
Types of deductions and the process for each
- Vendor agreement disputes
- Invoice discrepancies
- Shipping claims
Deductions research and PO Receivables reports
- The necessary documentation
- How to obtain a copy
What High Radius is and how to use it to reconcile AR invoices
- How to communicate a dispute and submit its documentation
- How to track the status of a dispute
- Disputes that are pending
- How to create a new invoice
- Key points and best practices
- Top 10 root causes of claims
- Top 10 types of claims
- Why a post audit deduction request should be a top priority
THIS CLASS RUNS 10:00 A.M. TO 5:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
IT IS A LIVE ZOOM MEETING WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS/INSTRUCTOR.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
Registration closes at 3 P.M. Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the class. Please use your supplier email address to register.
- Each student must register; one participant per registration.
- Each student must use his/her camera throughout class.
- You must have authorized access to Retail Link®.
- You must have a Retail Link® ID and password.
- Please have Excel ready to use.
- NOTE FOR NEW WALMART SUPPLIERS: In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
Heather was amazing. She is very informative, clear, patient, and overall it was great taking this course with her
- Giovana - 11-29-22 Customer Service Specialist
I was very happy with the Accounting training last week. Heather was the best! She was so helpful, detailed and patient. There were so many things I was not aware I could do or even had access to in Retail Link. I'm sure there will be more classes in my future as I take on more responsibility.
- Veronica - 7-26-22 Accounting
Heather Reid was just awesome! We only had three people in the class which was great because my co-worker and I had a lot of questions. She was very patient and thorough. We will definitely be taking additional classes with 8th & Walton!
- Susan - 5-4-21 Compliance Manager
It was a long day but I think necessary. Heather is a very good instructor. I am a demanding student. Heather met all my expectations.The class was very well organized, the material was what I needed and the instructor was great. Highly recommended.
- Tom - 4-13-21 CFO
Heather was great. I’m sure what I learned will pay for the class many times over.
- Alfred - 5-4-21 IT/Operations
I really learned a lot today and am excited to start making better use of the tools that I already have.
- Maru - 4-13-21 Staff Accountant