ACCOUNTING, INVOICING & DEDUCTIONS
Need to reduce your deductions and improve your accounting processes? The challenge is that Walmart’s accounting system is complex and is updated frequently.
Learn it here, learn it now — from experts.
A thorough review of the entire Walmart accounting process — from vendor agreements to purchase orders to deduction resolution to Walmart’s expectations of suppliers. Up-to-the-minute Retail Link® content. Experienced, dedicated teachers. You will learn new techniques, sharpen your accounting processes, and gain in both knowledge and confidence.
All 8th & Walton classes for Walmart suppliers selling in Canada are taught by Heather Reid of Mississauga, Ontario. For 22 years, Reid worked at Walmart Canada, organizing and facilitating its Retail Link® and other training programs. She has taught over 2,000 suppliers.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- Where information about Store/Club and DC can be found
- The importance of a Supplier Agreement and where to maintain it
- Everything you need to know about APIS (Accounts Payable Inquiry System)
- What causes of invoices to be paid at the wrong time and inaccurately
- How to check the status of invoices and pull check remits
- How to read the Accounting Scorecard
- How to generate a 90 Paid report and PO Tracking ( DSS report)
- The impact of OTIF on accounting
- How to review and reconcile root causes of claims
- What Global Business Services is and ways to request backup documentation
- What High Radius is and how to use it to reconcile AR invoices
- Ways to communicate a dispute, submit its documentation, and track its status within the Dispute Portal
- What a post audit is and when a post-audit deduction is taken
Custom Training on Accounting, Invoicing & Deductions is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
Meet Your Teacher
Heather Reid worked for Walmart Canada for 22 years prior to joining Canada’s 8th & Walton in 2016. While at Walmart, she organized and facilitated its Retail Link® and various system-training programs for both internal and external Walmart customers. She also facilitated a four-day supplier training session on a bi-weekly basis, teaching over 2,000 suppliers. She has a vast knowledge of Replenishment (GRS) and is an expert in Retail Link® and in Accounting for both Walmart Canada and Walmart US. In addition to her deep knowledge of retail systems, Heather is an extraordinary teacher. She holds a diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting and has held the Canadian Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation.
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME.
PRICE: $650 USD
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.
Heather Reid was just awesome! We only had three people in the class which was great because my co-worker and I had a lot of questions. She was very patient and thorough. We will definitely be taking additional classes with 8th & Walton!
Susan- Compliance Manager – 5.4.21
It was a long day but I think necessary. Heather is a very good instructor. I am a demanding student. Heather met all my expectations. The class was very well organized, the material was what I needed and the instructor was great. Highly recommended.
Tom – CFO – 4.13.21
Heather was great. I’m sure what I learned will pay for the class many times over.
Alfred- IT/Operations – 5.4.21
I really learned a lot today and am excited to start making better use of the tools that I already have.
Maru- Staff Accountant – 4.13.21
Learned very helpful info that will help in deduction disputes and receiving more timely payment.
Ashely- Sr Analyst – 3.4.21
Heather was amazing and shared quite a few interesting points on best business practices. I changed my role from Sales Analyst to Deductions Analyst. Although I had 5 years behind me on the Walmart Sales end, I had no training on the Accounting end which prompted me to take the course. I found it very helpful on the Accounting end. For the most part, I already knew topics in the presentation, but it was good to fill in some of the blanks and grey areas I had questions on.
Geraldine – Deductions Analyst – 9.3.20