USE & GOVERNANCE
Learn Walmart’s Item 360 correctly from the get-go in this practical, hands-on class. Get answers to your questions and resolve your uncertainties now. Step into item setup properly with a full understanding of the basics — GDSN and Data Sync, GTINs and UPC codes, packaging, and more.
Learn the best practices, tips, and guidelines to eliminate errors that cost you time and money. How data flows, the packaging hierarchy, the importance of accuracy, what you must know to enter items correctly — learn these and the other steps that lead to item creation success.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- GTINs (Global Trade Item Numbers) and UPCs
- Structures and types of barcodes
- Governance and use of authentic GTINs
- GDSN defined
- The purpose of GDSN
- The packaging hierarchy and the importance of accuracy
- Interchangeable terms in packaging
- How to enter and publish an item
- Creating and linking hierarchies
- Components of breakpacks, assortments and shippers
- Reporting – reading the CIC responses (Catalog Item Confirmation)
- Products that are subject to a chemical review process
- Why this is required for certain products
GDSN (Global Data Synchronization Network) & Data Synchronization
WERCS (Worldwide Environmental Regulatory Compliance Solutions)
Meet Your Teacher
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
THIS IS A HALF-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO NOON CENTRAL TIME.
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.