SUPPLY CHAIN TRAINING SUITE PLUS
Immerse yourself in Walmart’s supply chain in this 4-day training course so you hit the ground running. The content is up-to-the-minute, and the teachers are experts in Walmart’s latest methods.
Save $260 by purchasing this suite instead of individual classes
After these four days of training, you’ll have the knowledge you need to achieve supply chain success. You’ll know how to use Retail Link® and all the steps in the Walmart supply chain process. Then you’ll learn OTIF, forecasting, purchase orders, and replenishment with experts in Walmart’s supply chain.
This suite is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
Retail Link® Basics
- How to navigate the Retail Link® home page
- The basics of Retail Link® Decision Support – New
- The elements of building and retrieving a query
- The Supplier Performance Scorecard
- The Quick Item Information Report
- The Company Summary Report
- The Store Detail Report
- Dotcom Report tips
- How to maximize the value of the Walmart home page
- How to customize your dashboard
- How to best use important docs in Retail Link®
- The most valuable apps in Retail Link® and how to make the most of each
How to Navigate Walmart’s Supply Chain
- Shipping and labeling — from the basics to the finer points
- To package your product so it’s correctly received by Walmart
- How to fill out a Lead Time Audit
- A new Retail Link® tool to route orders
- Why freight factor is important and how to calculate it
- How a ladder plan works
- How to improve inventory flow
- Ways to work with Walmart to improve OTIF and OTF
- How to use the OOS Report to address supply chain issues
- How to assure that your product meets load quality requirements
- How to prepare for upcoming changes in load quality
- How to maximize Supply Plan
Forecasting & Replenishment With Retail Link® Data
- Introduction to Replenishment
- Basic Item Information Query
- Replenishment Pyramid
- GRS Overview
- GRS Forecast Process
- Demand Workbench
- Initial Mean
- New Item Locations
- New Item Promotions
- Retail Link® Reporting
- Sales & Demand Forecast Reporting
- Forecast Adjustments Corporate Level
- Forecast Adjustments DC Level
- SWAS/CWAC Exception Reporting
- Supplier View Instock Tool (SVIST)
- Future Valid Item/Stores
- NEW: Revised OTIF Requirements
- NEW: SQEP (Supplier Quality Excellence Program)
- OTIF fundamentals
- Who is responsible for what regarding OTIF
- Details of Arrival Compliance
- Differences between system generated and manual orders
- Walmart’s expectations for On Time and In Full shipments
- How OTIF utilizes Must Arrive By Date to show exceptions
- How to navigate your OTIF Scorecard to identify recurring exceptions
- How to build an OTIF Action Plan
- Overview of E-Commerce OTIF
- The Transportation Portal
- How and when to do a Lead Time Audit
- Inbound Quality Portal overview
- SQEP overview
Meet Your Teachers
Lori Carter has had a remarkable breadth of experience in her 24 year retail career. It began at Walmart and Sam’s Club where she became a Retail Link® analyst and replenishment specialist. As a supplier and working on behalf of suppliers, Lori has managed e-commerce accounts, analyzed data, improved OTIF scores, and resolved transportation issues. Lori also serves as an administrator of the Walmart Supplier Support Group on FaceBook. Here she answers suppliers’ questions, an experience that has given her a deep understanding of the current needs of the Walmart supplier.
Joel Graham is a seasoned leader with 34 years of retail experience, 28 of them with Walmart and Sam’s Club. He led the Sam’s Club UPC/Item File Team for 10 years and worked in Walmart’s buying, replenishment, and operations areas as well as in its frozen, candy, HBA, OTC, pets, and dry grocery categories. An expert facilitator and advisor with over 15 years of presentation experience, Joel’s specialties include item file creation and management; packaging; accounting; compliance, including WERCS and factory disclosure; GTIN/GS1/Data Sync/GDSN; and all aspects of Retail Link®, DSS reporting, supply chain, and e-commerce.
THIS SUITE IS 4 ALL-DAY CLASSES.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
YOU WILL SAVE $260 BY PURCHASING THE SUITE INSTEAD OF INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
Custom Training on Retail Link® is also available for your team. 8th & Walton experts will develop a customized curriculum specifically for your needs and will teach your group privately, using your own data. Click HERE to speak with a Retail Link® expert to find out if this is a good option for you.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- Have Excel ready to use
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.