Item creation is a rigorous process. Getting each entry correct from the get-go is imperative, and mastering the latest changes is equally as important. Learn the ins and outs from experts in item creation.
Maximize your knowledge by gaining a greater understanding of the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) and item management. This course provides a thorough understanding of creating items at Walmart, the GDSN process, and managing the online item file process.
Only for those supplying to Walmart’s brick-and-mortar stores.
This class is currently available only as a webinar. 8th & Walton webinars are live, Zoom meetings with a maximum of 10 participants.
You Will Learn
- What GS1 is and its significance
- What GDSN and Data Sync are
- How to create a GTIN
- The importance of authentic GTINs
- Why understanding the packaging hierarchy is critical
- Differences between assortments and shippers
- What the new item creation process means to you
- How to complete item creation in the Supplier Center
- How to retrieve Synchronization and Publication Reports
- How to enter item attributes
- A special tutorial on UPCs
- Publication status and its challenges
THIS IS AN ALL-DAY CLASS.
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
SAVE 10% WHEN YOU PURCHASE 3 CLASSES AT ONE TIME.
- Register using your supplier email address
- Have authorized access to Retail Link®
- Have your Retail Link® ID and password
- You will need a laptop with wireless internet and Microsoft Excel
- Access to and use of a web camera in computer
- In order to produce valid reports, your company should be shipping to Walmart prior to taking this class. Since our classes do not use dummy data, if you are not shipping to Walmart, you will have no data with which to produce reports.
- Dual monitors (one for the webinar, one for reports)
- Log in 15 minutes prior to class starting time to assure both audio and video are functioning.